Is the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter small enough to use with the new Apple iPhone 5/5s leather case?
I know that the cable housing on the Lightning end of this adapter is larger than it is on Apple's standard USB to Lightning cable. I am curious if this 30-pin to Lightning adapter is still small enough to fit through the opening at the bottom of Apple's new iPhone 5/5s leather case.
1 Answer from the Community
No. If you force the cable housing into the case, it will snap into place. However, a small portion of the leather will get caught and flattened between the cable housing and the phone. The case isn't ruined, but it will have a cosmetic flaw. I eventually took an X-Acto knife and cut out the flap that has developed. The case isn't holding up that well anyways.
- Answered by Jerry S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Which iPhone 6 cases are small enough to fit onto the dock?
- Asked by Ms Amy P from Tucson
- 04 27, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Which iPhone 6 cases are small enough to fit onto the dock?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Rose Gold
What does the bottom of this case look like?
- Asked by Eric S from Annapolis
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What does the bottom of this case look like?)
- Asked about: iPhone SE Leather Case - (PRODUCT)R…