will this cable work with a headphone amp
- Asked by Gene H from Clancy
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable work with a headphone amp)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, either the cabled version or the dongle version will work with a headphone amp.
I use my iPhone 5S with Fiio E11k Kilimanjaro 2 Headphone Amp, using the lightning to 30 pin Apple dongle adapter. In this case a Fiio L9 adapter is also required: 30 pin to stereo 1/8" to feed the Amp. Much cleaner sound than the headphone out 1/8" port on iPhone. Completely bypasses the iPhone internal headphone amp, which is a major source of noise inside the iPhone. IMO: this is why Apple has not yet instituted HD Audio on iPhones. Some people report success in reducing iPhone internally-fed noise at the headphone port by turning Airport Mode ON.
- Answered by Richard B from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the headphone out on the dock able to be used with an optical cable for digital out with an appropriate 3.5mm optical to toslink cable?
- Asked by Harry M from Eschol Park
- 09 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the headphone out on the dock able to be used with an optical cable for digital out with an appropriate 3.5mm optical to toslink cable?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Rose Gold