Will this work as an extension to the BMW iDrive adapter cable? How long is the cable?
I have a 2010 550i. The iPhone 5 does not fit in the storage space with the rigid lightning adapter. If this works, I can store the iphone outside the console while being plugged in.
Has anybody used it for this purpose?
1 Answer from the Community
I use this cable as an extension and converter to lightning cable in my 2013 3-series.
It works perfectly, but keep in mind that it's only about a foot long. Plugged into the center console, this means the phone is even with the shifter (can't make it all the way to the tray in front of the shifter), which can be awkward and unstable (I end up just wedging the phone in next to the emergency brake to keep it from flying around).
I just ordered a 1-meter 30-pin Female to Male extension cable (search amazon for B005OO5R1Y) to put between the BMW cable and this one, which should give me more freedom to move the phone around.
- Answered by Nat C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a 2008 BMW with a iphone 4 cable adapter. Will the 30 pin adapter work in the BMW so I can lister to music and use the iphone to talk?
- Asked by Wendell S from Oakland
- 10 1, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2008 BMW with a iphone 4 cable adapter. Will the 30 pin adapter work in the BMW so I can lister to music and use the iphone to talk?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
How long is the extension cable?
- Asked by Teresa T
- 11 22, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the extension cable?)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable
No answers yet