Can I get internet from my iPhone 7 Plus to Apple TV 4 using a Lightning Digital AV Adapter and HDMI 2.0 cable, instead of using my hotspot?
I have no home internet at the moment & have limited hotspot data.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you can, depending on the application. Actually this is a little different than what you are asking, but it might be helpful. In my case, I don't use any cables to mirror. I use Apple TV 3 in my minivan with bluetooth and wireless on, and without a hotspot . Now depending on the application, Apple TV either mirrors or tries to connect itself. For instance, web browsers by default tries to open up on Apple TV. However if you use a third party application, e.g. some of the youtube applications, they just mirror without a need for a hotspot. Similarly, if you download a movie on the Netflix app onto your phone (not all the movies available for download though), you can mirror it, however if you want to stream online, Netflix app on Apple TV will try to take over, and if no hotspot available, then will give error. I will soon explore Apple TV 4 and post that one too. Please share your experience if you have found any solutions.
- Answered by Ragip P from South Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this charger be used to charge an iPad or iPhone if I have a Lightning to USB-C cable?
- Asked by Nicholai D from Kellyville
- 11 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this charger be used to charge an iPad or iPhone if I have a Lightning to USB-C cable?)
- Asked about: 29W USB‑C Power Adapter
I am using Apple TV 4 with Apple AirPods can I play the TV sound through an external speaker at the same time as I listen through the airpods.
- Asked by Cary M from Metairie
- 08 27, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (I am using Apple TV 4 with Apple AirPods can I play the TV sound through an external speaker at the same time as I listen through the airpods.)
- Asked about: AirPods