I have a pioneer AVH-4000NEX can I use the lighting side of the adapter for Apple car play as well as the hdmi side for movies?
1 Answer from the Community
Short answer: NO. :(
I just had a Pioneer 6000NEX installed today. Had to drive to the nearest Apple store to purchase the Lightning Digital AV Adapter as my audio shop claimed that Apple would not allow them to carry it. When I plugged it into my iPhone 5, the 6000NEX indicted "Unsupported USB" and would only allow me to used the Bluetooth connectivity. The HDMI side of things worked great from mirroring my phone's display, video playback through virtually any app, etc. The volume on said video was lower than connecting without the adapter though. Hopefully Apple will address this with future upgrade to the adapter or whatever. This is slightly disappointing as I paid for a variety of extra cables/adapters so that my 6000NEX would have maximum functionality and since iPhone connectivity/integration was my primary consideration when purchasing a new head unit.
- Answered by Adrian O from Lawton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this cable work on Pioneer Avic-700Bt car raido
- Asked by Kevin O from Los Angeles
- 06 24, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work on Pioneer Avic-700Bt car raido)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
Can this Lightning to 30-pin Adapter support Video output to Car Pioneer Headunit AVH-4450BT ? im having the current cable CD-IU201S from Pioneer?
- Asked by Tan T
- 11 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Lightning to 30-pin Adapter support Video output to Car Pioneer Headunit AVH-4450BT ? im having the current cable CD-IU201S from Pioneer?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
can i use an apple 30 pin av cord with a lightening adapter to play movies from iPad mini retina on tv
- Asked by Jack H from Quincy
- 01 30, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use an apple 30 pin av cord with a lightening adapter to play movies from iPad mini retina on tv)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter