Why can't I play hulu from my 6 plus to my tv using my lightening av cable adapter. Only audio plays
3 Answers from the Community
Hello. I have the same set up and the answer is "you can". Problem is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have no clue why that happens. What I've found is, when only the HULU logo appears and you only get "sound" with no picture, then I log out of HULU completely, close the app completely, then log back in. Sometimes it takes 3 or more attempts of doing this, but eventually it starts streaming to my TV. It's a nuisance and if HULU doesn't address and fix the problem, then I intend to cancel my subscription. Of course, I've tried contacting them, but that doesn't seem to work either. Try this and I hope it works for you..eventually. Good luck.
- Answered by Perry P from Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is an issue with the Hulu application. Below is the answe from the Hulu support site.
Why can't I play video via HDMI or Airplay on my iOS device?
Oct 6, 2017
Hulu does not currently support HDMI-out or Airplay (including mirroring) on iOS. We are currently working on expanding our HDMI and Airplay compatibility.
If you want to watch Hulu on a TV-connected device, you can do so using one of these supported devices.
- Answered by Cristian D from Fort Stewart
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the same problem. Netflix and Amazon Prime work great with the HDMI lightening adapter for Apple IOS.
I have the 6S apple phone, Netflix works the best because you can turn off the screen on the phone and continue watching on your TV this saves the batteries on the phone. Hulu is just not what you want if you are like me and want to take advantage of your phones unlimited data plan. If you want to watch on the big screen with your phone ! don't get Hulu!!!!!. I will cancel my Buhu account until they can get there act together. Come ON Hulu you have some good content but your connectivity just ? O-well maybe someday until then CANCEL.
- Answered by David C from Summertown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use this cable to play HuluPlus on my TV?
- Asked by Megan S from Similar Valley
- 11 23, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to play HuluPlus on my TV?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
Is it possible to watch live tv via the digital av adapter connected to my television with the hdmi cable?.
- Asked by Graham L
- 08 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to watch live tv via the digital av adapter connected to my television with the hdmi cable?.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter