Can I use the 12 W usb power adapter to charge my iPhone 5
- Asked by Robert L from Bethesda
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 12 W usb power adapter to charge my iPhone 5)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you can use this charger. You can always use a power adapter with a higher wattage rating for *any* device.† This is because the wattage rating is the maximum number of watts the device is *capable* of outputting, not the amount it *will* output. It's the connected device which determines how much power is actually drawn.
The same isn't true for output voltage, however. You need the output voltage to match that of the device. In the case of USB chargers, you don't need to worry about this because the USB specification always uses a fixed voltage.
The cable which you need would be the same as the one that came with your iPad mini 2.
† But you should never use a power adapter with a rating less than that of the device to which it connects, even if it appears to work. Doing so may overheat the power adapter, permanently damage it, or might even lead to a fire.
- Answered by M. K from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what power adaptor to charge iPhone 6
- Asked by Margaret H from Kincumber
- 09 26, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (what power adaptor to charge iPhone 6)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (2m)
can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 6s
- Asked by Chandu R from Khammam
- 01 12, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 6s)
- Asked about: iPhone