If I get an Apple brand 12w adapter, can I use a generic brand lightning to USB cable to charge my iPad mini and iPhones at normal speed?
1 Answer from the Community
Only Apple have the right dimension for its ports and plugs. I would highly recommend Apple-made accessories, but a generic one will do. A generic on can also do potential harm to your device by having a plug not the same dimension as it was supposed to be, or is made poorly and generate heat and eventually melt/deform something. Can you use it wit ha generic cord/cable? Sure. But is it good? No.
ONLY APPLE HAVE THE DIMENTIONS OF ITS PLUG (lightening, USB-C, Thunderbolt 2, MagSafe, etc.)
- Answered by Xavier J from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this mini Displayport to VGA adapter compatible with brand of TV and Monitor?
- Asked by Yew T from Bukit Mertajam
- 10 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this mini Displayport to VGA adapter compatible with brand of TV and Monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Is charge time affected by USB outlet type? Ie., Apple or off-brand adapter, computer, extension cord, or in-wall plug?
- Asked by Caryn Ann W from Enoch
- 01 25, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is charge time affected by USB outlet type? Ie., Apple or off-brand adapter, computer, extension cord, or in-wall plug?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable