Is it safe to charge an ipad from an iphone charger, what do apple say?
It is apple's responsibility to give safety advice, my appologies if this has already been done but should i risk my house burning down on a well meaning reply from someone who just tried it?
3 Answers from the Community
Yes it's safe, it will just charge much more slowly. You'd be looking at a 1.4amp difference (2.4amp vs. 1.0amp). To put that into perspective that would mean that your iPad would charge at around 41.67% speed, assuming that both devices charge at their maximum possible efficiency. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Ethan G from Charleston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it's Safe !
- Answered by Brian C from Palmdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
All Apple lightning chargers will charge all lightning devices safely. The 5W iPhone charger that comes with iPhone will charge your iPad slowly, though.
- Answered by Thomas P from Windsor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can i use ipad charger to charge iphone
- Asked by Don G from Huntsville
- 01 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use ipad charger to charge iphone)
- Asked about: iPhone
Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?
- Asked by Karen W from Collierville
- 10 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my apple charger from the us work in Australia and is so do I still need a convertor?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit