Can my iMac (2013) connect to my macbook pro (2012) with the thunderbolt cable and be used (the macbook pro) as a second display?
1 Answer from the Community
Your question leaves open some ambiguity. Let me try to resolve it:
1. You can use the Thunderbolt cable to connect your iMac and your MacBook Pro
2. You can use the iMac as a secondary display for your MacBook Pro provided you put your iMac into Target Display Mode. This is documented by Apple - please search for "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode"
3. You cannot use the MacBook Pro display as a secondary display for the iMac. The MacBook Pro does not offer Target Display Mode.
If you would like to use the MacBook Pro internal screen as a secondary display for the iMac, your only route would be by way of a software/network solution like ScreenRecycler.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i connect my new 2018 macbook pro to my 2012 thunderbolt display
- Asked by Sonia N from Manhattan Beach
- 07 29, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my new 2018 macbook pro to my 2012 thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…