Will this cable enable you to use the Mid 2010 iMac with Mini Display Port as a display for the new MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt in clam shell mode?
2 Answers from the Community
No. The 2010 iMac does not have Thunderbolt, so it cannot be used with this Thunderbolt cable. However, you can use a mini-DP cable for the purpose you described with the 27" Mid-2010 iMac, because the MacBook Pro supports DP output on the Thunderbolt port, and the 27" Mid-2010 iMac accepts DP input using Target Display Mode.
- Answered by Eric A from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, I have seen 2009 models of Macbook pro's and iMacs work with the target display mode.
- Answered by Ryan G from Abbotsford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this cable work with my 2010 Apple Cinematic display?
- Asked by John V from Walnut Creek
- 03 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work with my 2010 Apple Cinematic display?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?
- Asked by John Mark A from Palo Alto
- 05 12, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mini-display adapter work with the new thunderbolt Macs?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter