Will this cable work as a connector to my iMac 2009 to make it into an external monitor for my current model Macbook Pro?
I'm looking for a thunderbolt cable that will allow me to use my old iMac (2009) to be used as an external 2nd monitor for me Macbook Pro Retina.
1 Answer from the Community
No, a Thunderbolt cable cannot be connected to anything else but a Thunderbolt port. You must use a Mini Display Port cable to use an iMac 2009 in Target Display mode.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How many monitors can I connect to this connector?
- Asked by Cosmin I from Sequim
- 12 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I connect to this connector?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?
- Asked by Joseph W from Billingham
- 10 28, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter