can i transfer pictures from ipad air to ipad air 2
I have an ipad air I bought several years ago and I am upgrading to an ipad air 2, does this cable allow me to transfer photos I've taken or saved to my ipad air to my ipad air 2? music would be helpful as well, but that's probably stretching it.
- Asked by Owen H from Neptune
- Flag as inappropriate (can i transfer pictures from ipad air to ipad air 2)
1 Answer from the Community
No, a thunderbolt cable would be of absolutely no help for transferring data from one iOS device to another. The correct way to achieve this is by creating a locally stored backup of the old device in iTunes on a Mac or a PC, and restoring the same backup to the new device. Don't forget do enable the encryption - this will allow stored passwords to transfer to the new device.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you watch movies directly from the SD card or do they have to be transferred to the iPad Air 2 first?
- Asked by Brian H
- 03 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you watch movies directly from the SD card or do they have to be transferred to the iPad Air 2 first?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader