Can I use a wireless WAN connection?
My primary Internet connection consists of a mobile hotspot with a five user limit. I would like to have a Time Capsule as my primary wireless router, but it would have to connect to the mobile hotspot and rebound the Internet connection through a different wifi ssid. Essentially, instead of connecting a wired WAN connection, it would connect to another network and use that as the WAN connection. Is this possible?
- Asked by Jaydon C from Meadow
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a wireless WAN connection?)
1 Answer from the Community
WAN's are created using specific devices such as Cisco routers etc. The Airport devices are Access Points connected to your LAN.
If you have a need to have the same access point name (SSID) in a different location that is connected via a WAN connection, this will work.
- Answered by Frederic L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect this to an iPad and connect a wireless keyboard to the usb port?
- Asked by Sondré S from Quezon City
- 04 4, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect this to an iPad and connect a wireless keyboard to the usb port?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Whats the Wan to Lan Speed?
- Asked by Thomas P from Peterborough
- 07 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Whats the Wan to Lan Speed?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet