Do I need to connect the AirPort TC to the DSL or cable modem or can I just connect it to the wifi network? I only need it as an ext. hard drive atm.
1 Answer from the Community
Have you used it in external drive mode in general? never hooked up to it via wired, or not using it as a network. Possibly in bridge mode? You can try but normally when it's operable as the router, you can find it in the sidebar and open the drive, open the folder and there is all that space waiting for so,etching to be dropped into it. Non searchable by finder. Maybe though in shared disk mode but I normally don't look there unless I'm digging around anyways.
- Answered by Jennafer Y from Kayenta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If I use a network cable to connect an Airport Express to the LAN port of the Airport Extreme will they be on the same WiFi network?
- Asked by Damian L from Toronto
- 10 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use a network cable to connect an Airport Express to the LAN port of the Airport Extreme will they be on the same WiFi network?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Do I need to change airport express settings when I get a new modem?
- Asked by Bailey M from Honolulu
- 05 16, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to change airport express settings when I get a new modem?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express