will i face some issue using it with my MacBook pro 2011(early) airport antenna...?
- Asked by Johnny L from Rio De Janeiro
- Flag as inappropriate (will i face some issue using it with my MacBook pro 2011(early) airport antenna...?)
1 Answer from the Community
The new Time Capsule uses Wireless AC, while your MacBook Pro has Wireless N. The Time Capsule will be fully compatible with older wireless standards (even really old ones), however you will not see any significant improvement to your wireless connection/performance compared to a Wireless N Time Capsule unless you are also using a device that has Wireless AC.
In other words, with your computer this new Time Capsule will give you no significant benefit over the old one in terms of wireless performance/reliability. You will likely find that the last-gen Time Capsules will be going for a discounted price while they are being cleared out of various resellers, so if you're in the market for one you may want to consider picking an older one up. Of course, in the next few years you may end up with a wireless device that *is* wireless AC, in which case you might benefit at that point from having the Wireless AC router, so it's up to you whether you want to "future proof" and go for the new model or save a few bucks on the old model.
- Answered by Andrew R from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with my Macbook Pro 15 inch Early 2011?
- Asked by Kat H from Oshawa
- 11 30, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my Macbook Pro 15 inch Early 2011?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
can i use this adapter for macbook pro early 2011
- Asked by Hadi A
- 08 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this adapter for macbook pro early 2011)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
will this work on thunderbolt port on macbook pro early 2011
- Asked by Michael L from Cherry Hill
- 04 9, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work on thunderbolt port on macbook pro early 2011)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter