has ethernet cable connection between time capsule and imac priority over WIFI connection
At the time my iMac gets its Internet access over WLAN of a Router/modem.
The connection between airport TimeCapsule and the iMac is also wireless.
After updating to Sierra (coincidence?) I get very often the message that the backup on the TimeCapsule is corrupt, and time machine initiates a new backup. I want to try the next backup over a cable connection between the Computer and the TimeCapsule.
1. What happens if I connect my iMac 27 2012 to the Airport Time capsule per Ethernet cable, but the WLAN on the iMac remains active? Will the connection between the iMac and the TC be through cable or through WLAN?
2. Will the iMac WLAN function?
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
- Asked by Chris H from Marmong Point
- 12 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?
- Asked by Michael W from Nashville
- 08 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect MBA to ethernet port on Time Capsule associated with my iMac?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule
- Asked by Mark L from Cumming
- 07 20, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting AP Extreme to gen 3 Time Capsule)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet