how do I connect my lan line phone? Do I need an adapter, or is there a specific telephone capable modem that goes with this router?
1 Answer from the Community
Assuming we are discussing DSL High Speed Internet service. The most direct and simple answer is no, you cannot connect directly to a phone line.you need a DSL modem from the phone line and ethernet cable from the modem to your Airport Device.
Alternativly there are wireless aaccess points that have built in DSL modems. Most likely you can get one directly from your service provider. This device in addition to being a wireless access point has a hard drive for backing up your OSX computer wirelessly. If you only need to have a wireless access point you can look at the Airport Extreme or a wide variety of other manufacturers.
- Answered by Gary M from Valencia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
do i need this if i already have a wireless router?
- Asked by Jonathon B from Concord
- 08 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need this if i already have a wireless router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
If i use airport express as main router from modem and connect to airport extreme in separate building 150 feet away, does the 10/100 LAN ratelimit th
- Asked by Richard W from Traverse City
- 01 30, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (If i use airport express as main router from modem and connect to airport extreme in separate building 150 feet away, does the 10/100 LAN ratelimit th)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme