Does the beamforming of the new AP Extreme also apply to 802.11n bands?
I am trying to determine if there is any benefit to be had by adding this device to my network that only uses 802.11n devices. If there is a faster transmission, a wider range, or beamforming I would be inclined to buy this product to enhance my home network and to improve my AppleTV response time and my Time Capsule backups.
- Asked by Christopher R from Charleston
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the beamforming of the new AP Extreme also apply to 802.11n bands?)
1 Answer from the Community
No, beaming is is limited to only 802.11AC devices. But you will likely notice improved performance over your current router.
- Answered by Michael T from Plano
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?
- Asked by Isaac I from Pacific Pines
- 08 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB