Our internet is delivered by our cable company through a telephone line. What router should I use between the wall jack and the AirPort?
1 Answer from the Community
I think you mean what "modem" is needed. Your cable company should have their own dedicated modem into which you then plug the AP Extreme. The Extreme is a wireless router which then allows you to access the Internet with your laptop, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, etc. There are some modems that come packaged with a wireless router, but I would recommend getting the AirPort Extreme for your wireless router as it just works great!
- Answered by Daniel T from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do I connect my lan line phone? Do I need an adapter, or is there a specific telephone capable modem that goes with this router?
- Asked by Aubrey T from Washington
- 07 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I connect my lan line phone? Do I need an adapter, or is there a specific telephone capable modem that goes with this router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
- Asked by Alex T
- 01 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
- Asked about: AirPort Express