Will having 802.11AC and 802.11N devices on the same network impact AC speed?
With the six antennas, will the Airport Extreme provide AC data transfer rates to the AC devices and N data transfer rates to the N devices? Or will all transmissions default to N and therefore the lower common N speed?
- Asked by Ryan A from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate (Will having 802.11AC and 802.11N devices on the same network impact AC speed?)
1 Answer from the Community
Hi Ryan. You can have AC and N devices (I assume you mean routers) on the same network, no problem. All transmission will not default to N speed. However, the speed your connected devices will will have available to them is dependent on a) which router they are connected to (either the AC or N), and b) their own speed limitations.
So, for example, if you have an Airport Extreme (AC) in your first floor living room, then devices connecting to your network near the living room will have AC speeds available to them. Then, with your Airport Express (N) in the basement, devices connecting while in the basement will max out at N speeds. Hope this helps answer your question.
- Answered by Bryan A from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Hi there, Since the camera is protruded, will it have an impact when the smart cover is unfolded? Regards
- Asked by Rafael F
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi there, Since the camera is protruded, will it have an impact when the smart cover is unfolded? Regards)
- Asked about: Smart Cover for 9.7-inch iPad Pro -…