Do you need to backup or move items stored on the sdram before replacing? When you replace does everything stored on it go with it?
1 Answer from the Community
No, you don't. RAM is only used as your computer runs a program. Hard drive space is for actual files. For example a computer could have 500GB of hard drive space and only 8GB of RAM. Having more RAM is only useful for quickly running multiple programs at one time. So no, you don't need to back up the memory, but you would if you were buying a new hard drive.
- Answered by Jack S from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I purchase this in store?
- Asked by Penny L from Waterloo
- 11 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I purchase this in store?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
No answers yet
How long can a pick up item be left at an Apple Store?
- Asked by Andrew C from Miami
- 09 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How long can a pick up item be left at an Apple Store?)
- Asked about: iPhone