Can audio be played out of the lightning connector directly or only out of the 3.5-mm jack?
Trying to connect to an audio distribution system over the USB.
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, audio can be fed out of the lightning connector but in digital format. Some amplifiers and CD players have an iPhone compatible USB connection which will use the inbuilt DAC to convert the signal (or use an external stand alone DAC) which will in theory give better quality sound than using the 3.5 mm earphone output. If you want to connect to an RCA input you would have to use the 3.5 mm jack connection.
- Answered by Anonymous
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I don't believe so, but I haven't tested this on the newest generation dock. Previous docks would only send audio through the 3.5mm jack. If somebody could test this with the new dock that would be very useful; I would buy one for use in my car if outputs audio via lightning.
- Answered by Mark D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will the mic and controls work well with the lightning to 3.5 mm jack adapter?
- Asked by Anthony M from North Chicago
- 03 24, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the mic and controls work well with the lightning to 3.5 mm jack adapter?)
- Asked about: urBeats3 Earphones with 3.5 mm Plug…
Can you get an iPod cable which has a USB AND a 3.5mm jack connector?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- 03 26, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get an iPod cable which has a USB AND a 3.5mm jack connector?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable