If i buy a wireless beats studio in the US can i charge it without damaging it in europe with 220v usb port ? Because in the US the usb ports are 110v
Beats from US to EUROPE charging from 110v to 220 v
1 Answer from the Community
USB charging is a universal standard (.5-5V, depending on system), the electrical outlet you plug into is the different. Any USB charging adaptor will "Step Down" the power from the wall outlet. You should be able to use any USB charger compatible with the local power system, a lower voltage just means it will take longer, the full 5V will take the shortest time to charge. If you have any doubts, just use a computer USB port to charge the headphones. I routinely use my US charger with just a plug adapter in Argentina without issue (Argentina uses both European plugs, and power). I've also used my Niece's Argentine USB adapter to charge my devices.
- Answered by Robert H from Clinton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have an iPad Pro and iPhone 6 when using a plug adapter is just USB cord enough or do I also need the base to convert from 220v to 110v?
- Asked by Ellen M from Brooksville
- 10 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iPad Pro and iPhone 6 when using a plug adapter is just USB cord enough or do I also need the base to convert from 220v to 110v?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter