Can I connect one monitor to the HDMI port, and another monitor to the USB 3.0 port?
I have 2 external monitors:
One with HDMI output, and a second one with USB 3.0 ouput.
Can I connect both under this adapter?
- Asked by Ran M from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect one monitor to the HDMI port, and another monitor to the USB 3.0 port?)
1 Answer from the Community
From everything I've tested, the USB port on this adapter is a fully functional USB 3.0 port. It runs at about 5Gbps (though occasionally a bit slower if you've got a monitor plugged into the HDMI port, compared with a "native" USB 3.0 port on an older Mac). This suggests that if you have a USB monitor (or a USB display adapter), it should work fine. But, as we all know, sometimes things that are expected/supposed to work don't, so while I'd bet that you could run two monitors as you describe, there's a small chance that it wouldn't work. Or the behavior could be a bit odd. Have you already used two monitors like this on another computer? It probably would depend as much on the the way your monitor deals with a USB interface as anything else.
- Answered by Michael G from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
With this adapter, can you have the MacBook charging while at the same time outputting video to an external monitor?
- Asked by Derek T
- 03 11, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (With this adapter, can you have the MacBook charging while at the same time outputting video to an external monitor?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter