Can you daisy chain these for attaching multiple monitors ?
Can you daisy chain these to give 2 x HDMI out of the Macbook or is there a better way to achieve this i.e. connect 2 x HDMI external monitors to the Macbook for home office use ?
- Asked by Chris H from Bristol
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain these for attaching multiple monitors ?)
1 Answer from the Community
For the Macbook Air, you cannot daisy chain monitors through the Thunderbolt/MiniDisplay Port Connect. You can however use a USB 3.0 to HDMI converter (you will need to install the associated driver) like this one: SIIG USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Multi Monitor Video Adapter. Once you install the driver and restart the computer, the Macbook will detect the second monitor and you can configure the monitor layout.
I had bought a pair of Dell U2417H monitors and was surprised when they would not work in a daisy chain configuration. I am also very happy that this solution worked as it has turned my wife's Air into a much more powerful workstation.
- Answered by Christian R from Sugar Land
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this product be Daisy Chained for Multiple Displays?
- Asked by Peter D from Budd Lake
- 09 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be Daisy Chained for Multiple Displays?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
can you daisy chain monitors to a macbook pro?
- Asked by Kris C from Houston
- 06 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can you daisy chain monitors to a macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…