Does it work to connect the USB-port with another USB-port with more possible USB-connections?
My current Macbook Air uses
- 1 USB-port for external keyboard
- 1 USB-port for USB multiport for external hard drives and USB-sticks
Would this Multiport adapter be able to handle another multiport with all this equipment?
If yes: I am buying. If no: I will cry and probably won´t buy!
2 Answers from the Community
It works that way for me with the 15" MBP 2016 w touch bar. I have the adapter plugged into the MBP, and a (powered) USB hub plugged into the USB-A port on the adapter. All the devices plugged into the hub work fine.
- Answered by James R from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I hang a simple USB hub off of mine and it works for keyboard, iPhone, earpiece charger, camera etc.
Your HDDs are going to depend on how much power they want to draw.
- Answered by Annette J from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?
- Asked by Cheryl C from Damascus
- 01 20, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??
- Asked by William P from San Francisco
- 03 16, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …