Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?
USB-A to to DisplayPort adapter cables are now available, but the only thing standing in the way of using a mix of third-party solutions to connect the new USB-C Macbook to a DisplayPort external display is the lack of a splitter cable. In other words, you can connect to USB-A devices and DisplayPort-enabled displays from the single USB-C port, but you can't charge the laptop at the same time. If this accessory passes-through the DisplayPort signal to the USB-A port, then the Startech USB-A to DisplayPort adapter cable would enable simultaneous external display and charging.
- Asked by Garrison C from Fairbanks
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Ethernet and USB Pass Through?
- Asked by Ernest C from Los Angeles
- 10 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Ethernet and USB Pass Through?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?
- Asked by Jason S from Barrie
- 07 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Is the second port a Lightning port?
- Asked by Michael L from Ooltewah
- 03 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the second port a Lightning port?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter