Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?
USB-A to to DisplayPort adapter cables are now available, but the only thing standing in the way of using a mix of third-party solutions to connect the new USB-C Macbook to a DisplayPort external display is the lack of a splitter cable. In other words, you can connect to USB-A devices and DisplayPort-enabled displays from the single USB-C port, but you can't charge the laptop at the same time. If this accessory passes-through the DisplayPort signal to the USB-A port, then the Startech USB-A to DisplayPort adapter cable would enable simultaneous external display and charging.
- Asked by Garrison C from Fairbanks
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port pass through the DisplaPort signal?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?
- Asked by Jason S from Barrie
- 07 19, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Does this adapter pass through signals from wired microphones and buttons?
- Asked by Conor O from New York
- 09 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter pass through signals from wired microphones and buttons?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …