Is my Thunderbolt Monitor compatible with a USB-C connection and therefore the new MacBook
- Asked by Ted Q from Richland
- Flag as inappropriate (Is my Thunderbolt Monitor compatible with a USB-C connection and therefore the new MacBook)
2 Answers from the Community
Not with this adapter and I do not know of any that will. However, the USB-C port on the MacBook does support DisplayPort, so with the proper cable, USB-C to Display Port, you could use the older 24" and 27" Apple Cinema Displays (or other DisplayPort displays.) Caveat, I have yet to find a DisplayPort/Cable adapter or hub that has a pass through charging USB-C port. You can not use, at this time, a DisplayPort display and charge the MacBook at the same time.
- Answered by Harold Z from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, Thunderbolt and USB-C are two different connection types. The Thunderbolt cable from your monitor will NOT work with this adapter or with the new MacBook.
- Answered by Nathan W from Fayetteville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?
- Asked by Robin N from Jacksonville
- 11 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…