Webcam (HDMI) for facetime use, would this HDMI to USB Adapter work with an external camera (GoPro, Camcorder,etc) in conjunction with a facetime call
Webcam (HDMI feed from camera) for Facetime use:
-->would this HDMI to USB Adapter work with an external camera (GoPro, Camcorder,etc) in conjunction with a Facetime call, if i prefre to have an external movable camera on a Facetime call, versus using the built in imac or mac camera?
1 Answer from the Community
I can't say from knowledge, but I suspect that the answer is no, because, as far as I know, this adapter isn't intended to work in that direction on the HDMI port (data flowing to the computer). It takes video+audio from the USB side and converts it to HDMI for display on an HDMI monitor or TV (data flows from the computer). I doubt (but, again, don't know for certain) that an HDMI signal supplied to the adapter would be made available as video+audio to the computer (or other device) to which it's connected.
However, if you had an HDMI-to-USB (type-A connector) video+audio adapter that would allow your camera to provide video input to a computer, it would probably work if plugged into the USB connector on this adapter, because, unlike the HDMI port, the USB port is intended to work in that direction (data flowing to the computer).
- Answered by Michael G from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it works for facetime???
- Asked by Daniel M from Caracas
- 10 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it works for facetime???)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?
- Asked by Elizabeth F from Atlanta
- 12 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter