Is there a shortcut to force the macbook recognise the external monitor.
The macbook often fails to recognise the attached monitor or data projector especially after waking I need do this without unplugging the USB C from Macbook and re connecting, this breaks all the connections to other devices connected to the hub.
- Asked by Peter C from New Farm
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a shortcut to force the macbook recognise the external monitor.)
1 Answer from the Community
it used to be you could hit the display menu bar menu and click "detect displays" i do not know if that still exists in later releases of the os past 10.8. however you should still be able to do that by going into system preferences, displays and "detect displays" should be in there unless they decided to remove it to. still happy back here on 10.6 scratching my head with this USB C/3/TBC nightmare.
- Answered by Mark W from Berkeley Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?
- Asked by Kevin W from Powell
- 11 26, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect macbook or a macbook pro to 2 external monitors?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?
- Asked by Joseph W from Billingham
- 10 28, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my MacBook Pro to 2 external monitors?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter