Is there a shortcut to force the macbook recognise the external monitor.
The macbook often fails to recognise the attached monitor or data projector especially after waking I need do this without unplugging the USB C from Macbook and re connecting, this breaks all the connections to other devices connected to the hub.
- Asked by Peter C from New Farm
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a shortcut to force the macbook recognise the external monitor.)
1 Answer from the Community
it used to be you could hit the display menu bar menu and click "detect displays" i do not know if that still exists in later releases of the os past 10.8. however you should still be able to do that by going into system preferences, displays and "detect displays" should be in there unless they decided to remove it to. still happy back here on 10.6 scratching my head with this USB C/3/TBC nightmare.
- Answered by Mark W from Berkeley Springs
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?
- Asked by Ernie G from Largo
- 05 17, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
How can I use use an external monitor, keyboard and mouse with two computers, one Mac Mini and One Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Joaquin G
- 04 5, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use use an external monitor, keyboard and mouse with two computers, one Mac Mini and One Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express