I use the Apple 12w adapter to rapid charge my iPhone 6+. Could I apply this same logic to the 29w adapter to charge my phone even more quickly?
1 Answer from the Community
No - 6+ doesn't support USB Power Delivery. iPhones 8 and above do appear to be supporting PD though.
Note the more watts your phone draws, the hotter the battery will get - and that is bad for batter longevity (i.e. it's wear level over time will increase more rapidly - and it's capacity will decrease).
- Answered by Nick D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what power adaptor to charge iPhone 6
- Asked by Margaret H from Kincumber
- 09 26, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (what power adaptor to charge iPhone 6)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (2m)
Can we use 12w adapter to charge iPhone 6?
- Asked by Rithik J from Vijayawada
- 12 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use 12w adapter to charge iPhone 6?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 6s
- Asked by Chandu R from Khammam
- 01 12, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use 12w usb power adapter to charge my iphone 6s)
- Asked about: iPhone