Is the 29 watt usb charger compatible with the iPad Pro 12.9 inch?
- Asked by Denise H from Ocean Springs
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the 29 watt usb charger compatible with the iPad Pro 12.9 inch?)
1 Answer from the Community
Absolutely. In fact, it is overwhelmingly preferable, as the total charge time for an iPad Pro 12.9" from 0 to 100 % is just over 2 hours, assuming you plug the adapter into an AC wall socket, and use the official Apple lightning to usb-c cable. Using the included lightning to usb-a charging cable in concert with the included 12 watt adapter in an AC wall socket, it will take approximately 7+ hours to go from a battery level of 0% to a full 100% charge.
I tried using 2 non-Apple lightning to usb-c cable variants with the 29 watt adapter, and while the charge rate did, in fact, increase, and the respective charging time decrease, it is not nearly as fast as the combination of both official Apple products used in concert.
I have repeatedly charged my iPad Pro 12.9" from 0 to 100% in approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes, and that includes some minor usage while charging. The cost of the 29 watt adapter and 2 meter lightning to usb-c cable will run you around $85.00, but is absolutely and definitively worth it.
- Answered by Phillip F from Murrieta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- 04 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Can I use this with a Lightning cable and the 29W charger to charge my 12.9" iPad Pro?
- Asked by Michael G from Galesburg
- 03 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a Lightning cable and the 29W charger to charge my 12.9" iPad Pro?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter