Is this trackpad compatible with 10.9.5 version 0f macbook pro
- Asked by Mike C from Walton On Naze
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this trackpad compatible with 10.9.5 version 0f macbook pro)
1 Answer from the Community
The simple answer is No. Specs state min requirements are OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
The more complicated answer involves my recent findings online.
I was hoping to use it on my beautiful, but "ancient", iMac 24" late 2006 (model A1200) which maxes out at OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) and has Bluetooth 2.0 not 4.0. After some research, I learned that the Bluetooth can be worked around by using the magic trackpad 2 wired, but the OS X version is really the sticking point. For some, the trackpad was totally unresponsive even on 10.10. For others, they were able to use certain basic functions but lost many critical features.
I do not understand the reasons for all the variables, as it work exactly the same way (loss & gain of functionality & features) for each version of OS X. The online articles & feature testing reports by reputable users depict widely different results, which is odd.
If you really want the magic trackpad 2 and are willing to experiment and go through the (minor) aggravation of returning it within the short, strict window for electronics refunds, then I would play around with connecting it first via Bluetooth, and then via the lightning cable, to see what features come & go. I hope it all works out!
- Answered by Kimberly P from Ponte Vedra Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?
- Asked by Steven N C from Brimfield
- 07 15, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the super drive compatible with a MacBook Pro without retina display?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
How do i get microsoft word for 10.9.5
- Asked by Hillary K from Nashville
- 10 6, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i get microsoft word for 10.9.5)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet