Can I use this to connect to my MacBook Pro and use the MacBook as the display for the Mini?
A ngo I work for has purchased a Mac Mini, and I would like to use my MacBook Pro as the monitor for the Mini.
My MacBook Pro does not have Thunderbolt, but I have an adapter that will allow me to connect it's monitor port the the Mini HDMI port.
1 Answer from the Community
According to HT204592, "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode" only some iMacs support Target Display Mode.
You could use screen sharing on the MacBook Pro to see the output of the Mac Mini over the network.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
where is the mini display port on my MacBook Pro
- Asked by William M
- 03 10, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (where is the mini display port on my MacBook Pro)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?
- Asked by Xin X from Waltham
- 10 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…