Do we have to buy the new adapter for iPhone compatibility, or will the old one work with the iOS 9.2 update?
1 Answer from the Community
The original lightning to SD adapter will work fine with iPhones running iOS 9.2 or newer.
The only benefit to buying the newer SD adapter is if you have an iPad Pro. The iPad Pro models have higher (USB 3-like) transfer speeds that the older SD adapter does not support. If all you're transferring is photos, the older adapter is fine.
- Answered by Steven M from North Plainfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it iOS9.2 compatible for iPhone 4S and iPad2 ?
- Asked by Trevor A
- 12 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it iOS9.2 compatible for iPhone 4S and iPad2 ?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
Will this work with my new iPad using iOS 11. My old adapter does not work on my new iPad.
- Asked by Annette V from Home Hill
- 01 27, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my new iPad using iOS 11. My old adapter does not work on my new iPad.)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter