What does the pencil do that a stylus cannot?
Does the pencil act as anything more than a stylus? What is the point of spending 100$ on a stylus just because it has the apple name on it when it doesn't do anything more than a $20 basic one?
- Asked by Emily P from Holland
- Flag as inappropriate (What does the pencil do that a stylus cannot?)
2 Answers from the Community
Because the Apple iPencil is way more precise than any stylus. And a whole lot more durable than any stylus on the market. Once I added up all the stylus' I have bought online and in-store, they equal a WHOLE LOT MORE than the iPencil!!
- Answered by Diantha H from Rock Island
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The biggest thing for me is the pressure sensitivity! As an artist, it’s incredibly useful to control the thickness and opacity of my lines by how hard I press. The added precision can also help if you handwrite on your iPad, but if you do that without issues with a regular stylus, there’s probably no need for you to go for the Apple Pencil.
- Answered by Torrey A from Kirkland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Hi...Can I use a stylus instead of the Apple pencil on the new iPad?
- Asked by Stephen O
- 04 13, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi...Can I use a stylus instead of the Apple pencil on the new iPad?)
- Asked about: iPad
Will this sleeve store my Apple Pencil?
- Asked by Ladene A from Sun Prairie
- 01 9, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this sleeve store my Apple Pencil?)
- Asked about: Leather Sleeve for 12‑inch MacBook …
No answers yet
Is there a place to hold a stylus
- Asked by Allan S from Marlboro
- 11 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a place to hold a stylus)
- Asked about: iPad Air 2 Smart Case - (PRODUCT)RE…