Will connecting a lightning charger to this adapter also charge the iPad?
Many musicians use the USB camera adapter to connect USB MIDI keyboards and professional grade audio interfaces to the iPad, but are wary about going into a performance environment while relying on the device's battery. 30 pin connections allowed you to power the iPad while also connecting to the USB host but Lightning requires bulky and expensive items such as the Focusrite dock to do the same. If this device will allow performers to charge or keep the iPad powered while using USB to connect to a controller or audio interface then it will solve a lot of problems for using iOS in a professional environment.
1 Answer from the Community
The HDMI interface adapter supports charging. It's an extremely smart, well-thought of design.
It has two sockets on one end: an HDMI port and a Lightning Connector. The other end is a short 10cm cable with a Lightining Plug.
You can charge your device by connecting a charger to the a lightning socket that's right next to the HDMI output connector in the adapter.
However bear in mind that in order to charge an iPad, the charger you so connect must be one that can deliver 10W or more (2.1A or greater).
- Answered by Govindra H from Queens
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?
- Asked by Patti G from Southern Pines
- 09 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
Could I mirror what is on my iPad to a screen with this, then also connect more accessories with the extra lightning port?
- Asked by Michael W from Vancouver
- 05 23, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Could I mirror what is on my iPad to a screen with this, then also connect more accessories with the extra lightning port?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter