will the power adapter extension cable fit the usb-c power adapter for the new macbook.
2 Answers from the Community
I'm using my old extension cable from my 2010 MacBook Air and it fits fine, and for the first 2 days at least, seems to be charging fine.
My question is if there's any potential for damage to the battery or computer though, using a cord that's rated for lower wattage. Hopefully it's just slower, since without the extension cable, it's really hard to sit that close to an outlet!
- Answered by Lucia M from Makawao
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Eden F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do the previous USB power adapters work with this new cable?
- Asked by Ignacio R from Doral
- 09 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the previous USB power adapters work with this new cable?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- 10 12, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter