What is the difference between this cable and the one for $19 ?
- Asked by T N from Beverly Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between this cable and the one for $19 ?)
3 Answers from the Community
I don't know why Glenn is saying Nester's answer was wrong. The "Lightning to USB-C Cable" comes in both 1 meter and 2 meter, so Nester's answer was fine. The problem is, we don't know what you're looking at when you're asking about the $19 cable. Both the "USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m)" and the "Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)" are $19. So you have to understand the difference between USB-C and regular USB to know which one to purchase. USB-C to Lightning (with a special adapter, sold separately) is used for fast-charging iPhone 6S and higher. Make sure that's what you need before buying the USB-C to Lightning. (USBs can be pretty confusing.) You could probably chat with Apple support to find out for sure what you should buy.
- Answered by Heather L from Cleveland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Sorry, but that previous answer is totally wrong. This cable is for a USB-C connection to a lightning connector, where the $19 cable is for a USB-A connection to a lightning connector. This cable is 1 meter long. The $19 USB-A cable is available in a 1 meter length and a 0.5 meter length for the same price.
- Answered by Glenn E from Glendale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This one is twice as long (2m), and the $19 is 1m long.
- Answered by Nestor C from San Leandro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What is the main difference between this charger connection and the old one? Does this "lightening" cable charge faster?
- Asked by Kevin L from Houston
- 09 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the main difference between this charger connection and the old one? Does this "lightening" cable charge faster?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter