Compatable with windows 7? 10?
Will this keyboard work with windows 7 & 10 out of the box?
- Asked by Shibu K from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatable with windows 7? 10?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
1 Answer from the Community
The unfortunate answer is: "somewhat".
I easily paired the keyboard via Bluetooth.
The basic functions of the keyboard work - I am typing this on my Magic Keyboard on a Windows 10 machine.
There are a few caveats:
1. The function keys work as function keys - no volume control, no brightness adjustment, etc.
2. The "fn" key simply does not work - which is very problematic as you can't ctrl-alt-delete on Windows with this keyboard (delete for Windows is actually is fn-delete on this keyboard).
I even installed the Bootcamp driver for a previous Apple keyboard (AppleKeyboardInstaller64) which did nothing.
So yes, it works somewhat.
- Answered by Matthew P from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Compatibility with windows
- Asked by Leon K
- 02 27, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with windows)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
No answers yet
Is the Airport Express Windows 10 compatible?
- Asked by Scott W from Huntersville
- 01 31, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Airport Express Windows 10 compatible?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express