Does the Magic Keyboard work with an IPAD pro?
- Asked by Robin S from Framingham
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Keyboard work with an IPAD pro?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
1 Answer from the Community
Apple has a support note that says it does, so maybe mine was defective or there are software bugs that need fixing. But whatever the reason, it did not work, in two important ways:
1. It would go to sleep after 45 seconds of no typing, and then the next thing you type would lose the first couple of characters. Pauses that long when you are tapping, swiping, reading, thinking, on the phone, etc. happen a hundred times a day, which means the keyboard constantly fails to type.
2. Fn-Delete (forward delete) does not work. Just does nothing.
I have heard the issues are the same for any iPad, not specifically the Pro.
Apple's previous-generation wireless keyboard did not have the sleeping problem, but forward-delete still failed (but differently: it brought up the Emoji at the same time it was deleting--sounds like a software bug to me).
- Answered by Morgan A from Mayfield Heights
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the magic mouse work with the iPad Pro?
- Asked by Richard N from Prescott Valley
- 03 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic mouse work with the iPad Pro?)
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2
does the magic mouse work with the i pad pro
- Asked by Allison J from Morgantown
- 01 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (does the magic mouse work with the i pad pro)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil for iPad Pro