How do apple AirPods work with iPhone 6s being it doesn't have the special chip adapter used for pairing the iPhone to the earbuds themselves?
I wanna know if I have to always manually connect them with Bluetooth every time I wanna use them. I don't wanna buy the iPhone 7 just for the convenience of fast adapting but if they don't adapt the way I've seen them in YouTube videos then I will have a tough decision to make.
1 Answer from the Community
The special chip you refer to (the W1) is the AirPods, not the iPhone. So, the AirPods will work with all iPhones.
The AirPods will automatically connect to all the iDevices that are signed into your iCloud account. You do not have to pair them individually with your iDevices.
- Answered by Venkat I from Vernon Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with an iPhone 6+?
- Asked by David C
- 03 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an iPhone 6+?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
No answers yet
I an traveling in Europe with an iPhone 6. Will this adapter kit work?
- Asked by Julie L from Escondido
- 04 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (I an traveling in Europe with an iPhone 6. Will this adapter kit work?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
iPhone 6 pairing with HomePod?
- Asked by Matheus D from Rio De Janeiro
- 02 18, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 6 pairing with HomePod?)
- Asked about: HomePod
No answers yet