What mac versions are AirPods compatible with?
Just wanted to know what versions of macs (Macbooks, Macbooks Pro, MacBook Airs, iMacs, etc) AirPods will be compatible with.
- Asked by Chris N from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (What mac versions are AirPods compatible with?)
3 Answers from the Community
I am running El Capitan (10.11.6) and they work, but they did not auto-pair. If I press the pair button on the back of the charging case, they pair and work fine through Bluetooth. I do not know yet if this ruins the auto-pairing with iOS 10, as I have not researched it. Side note: when I paired them I got a pop up from Software Update that said it needed a newer version of the software to run. But, they work.
- Answered by Christopher L from Pauls Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I tried AirPods with Mavericks (10.9.5), and had the same success as Christopher L: they worked after pairing manually.
I was able to disconnect them from the Macbook (by turning off bluetooth on the Mac) and then use the iPhone's Settings - Bluetooth menu to connect back to iPhone. I imagine the process is more convenient with Sierra and later...
- Answered by Nickolay P from Moscow
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Josh C from New Kent
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What version of Java is compatible with Snow Leopard
- Asked by Lori W from Calgary
- 03 11, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What version of Java is compatible with Snow Leopard)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- 07 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?
- Asked by Shauna H from Prince Frederick
- 07 6, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?)
- Asked about: Mac