Which USB power adapter should I use to charge the airpods case? 5W or 10W(the one that come with my iPad)?
3 Answers from the Community
The other answers are not accurate.
Either will work and charge at the same speed. The AirPods case only uses 5W-1Amp, so it will draw that amount regardless of max output of the charging brick. The AirPods can “fast charge” inside the case, but the case itself does not utilize fast charging. The battery is relatively small compared to an iPhone, so charging times are fast regardless
- Answered by Scott B from Suwanee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I would recommend the 10W Charger. This supplies a more and faster charge.
- Answered by Vitek P from Justice
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Either USB power brick will work when charging the AirPods. The 10W USB power brick probably would charge the AirPods faster because of the higher wattage.
- Answered by Callum D from Adelaide
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Which USB Power Adapter is the safest/best option to use with the Apple Pencil?
- Asked by Jennifer H from Halifax
- 06 25, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Which USB Power Adapter is the safest/best option to use with the Apple Pencil?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil
What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?
- Asked by Li Zi L
- 11 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter