Will the AirPods work with any of the Apple TV products?
- Asked by Curtis B from Huber Heights
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPods work with any of the Apple TV products?)
5 Answers from the Community
Compatibility of devices with the airpods is currently: iPhone, Apple Watch, all macs, and iPad. Apple TV is not currently listed as one of the compatible devices. That may change with future tvOS updates.
- Answered by Brandon M from Covington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, the AirPods work with ATV4 for a fact. I'm using them right now. Ordered on 12/31/16 at Best Buy, received today 1/5/17. On Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. Then, put the AirPods case next to the ATV4 base. Flip open the AirPods case with AirPods cradled and press and hold the small white button on the backside. You will see the LED light indicator (inside the case between the individual cradles for each AirPod) blink white instead of green as it is pairing with the ATV4. Awesome for considerate people living in apartments that want to watch a late movie/TV, listen to music, or video game without disturbing neighbors.
The small white pairing button should function similarly for other Bluetooth devices.
- Answered by Heath B from Euless
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
They work with the new generation of apple tv because it has bluetooth however you have to manually pair them
- Answered by Tyler P from Taylorsville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
As mentioned before you absolutely can pair Airpods or Beats X with Apple TV 4. Contrary to a previous comment, which may have been true at the time, you sure can control the volume! Maybe becausebI like to use the Apple TV app on iPhone. Maybe since I did so the, phone volume controlled the Airpod volume!
- Answered by David B from Clarksville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, since it is Bluetooth. You can add it to the Bluetooth devices in Apple TV; however, there does not appear to be any way to control the volume. The sound is very low but good.
- Answered by Jack B from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
hdmi ports on my TV do not work but the rca inputs do. Can I connect my apple TV to my television with a HDMI to RCA (3 prongs)?
- Asked by Robert R from Valrico
- 07 2, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (hdmi ports on my TV do not work but the rca inputs do. Can I connect my apple TV to my television with a HDMI to RCA (3 prongs)?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
does this product adapt with toshiba regza televisions
- Asked by Seymour P from Barnstaple
- 12 29, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (does this product adapt with toshiba regza televisions)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter