Can i connect a wacom cintiq with this adapter to a new iMac ? I used to connect my Wacom cintiq 27 hd touch, with a thunderbolt 2 to my old iMac
1 Answer from the Community
You did not connect this with Thunderbolt 2. You connected it with mini DisplayPort. Same connector. Different signals.
The Cintiq 27QHD touch uses DisplayPort for the display connection and USB for the peripheral connections.
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter does not pass DisplayPort signals. It is only for Thunderbolt devices.
The iMac has Thunderbolt 3 ports which can also output USB, DisplayPort, and HDMI. You need a USB-C (DisplayPort alt mode) to DisplayPort cable or USB-C to DisplayPort adapter.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Has anyone tried this with a Wacom Cintiq?
- Asked by James M from Outer Cove
- 29 Apr 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone tried this with a Wacom Cintiq?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
Is it possible to connect a both a thunderbolt monitor and wacom cintiq tablet to my macbook pro?
- Asked by Vonnie C from Pacific Palisades
- 10 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect a both a thunderbolt monitor and wacom cintiq tablet to my macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…