Can I daisy chain two Thunderbolt displays to the MacBook Pro using the USB-C Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter? MBP->Adapter->TBD-(chain)->TBD?
Does the new USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allow this chaining? My old MBP is connected to two Thunderbolt Displays in a daisy chain like this, and I want to continue the same approach
2 Answers from the Community
Confirming (I bought the adapter and tried it) this indeed works
- Answered by Richard J from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can connect two 27" Thunderbolt displays to a 15" MBP using this cable. MBP->Adapter->Display->Display.
- Answered by James D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can this usb-c adapter be daisy-chained ? ie: macbook -> adapter -> adapter ?
- Asked by Harold F from Pasadena
- 03 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can this usb-c adapter be daisy-chained ? ie: macbook -> adapter -> adapter ?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
Can I use this cable to connect a 30" cinema display to my 15" MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt storage device in the daisy chain?
- Asked by George M from Phoenix
- 10 10, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to connect a 30" cinema display to my 15" MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt storage device in the daisy chain?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…