Can I use the apple "USB-C adaptor to Thunderbolt" to daisy chain a "Thunderbolt to HDMI" (moshi), or even a "Thunderbolt to VGA" (apple) adaptor?
I'm trying to connect to the standard montitors and projectors that my customers have, but I also have a Cinema Display at my home. So I purchased a "USB-C to Thunderbolt" to connect to my cinema display, and thought I could daisy chain my thunderbolt to VGA or HDMI adaptors to connect to customers projectors and monitors. I'm having a hard time and am wondering if there is any software I can use, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Otherwise, all my "thunderbolt to xxx" adaptors are garbage and I have to buy new USB- to HDMI, etc.
2 Answers from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter does not pass DisplayPort or HDMI signals.
You need to use USB-C alt mode adapters instead of Thunderbolt 3 adapters for HDMI, VGA, etc. You can use a USB-C to mini DisplayPort adapter, then connect your adapters (which are mini DisplayPort, not Thunderbolt) to that.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, you cannot.
- Answered by Ben R from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can you daisy chain monitors to a macbook pro?
- Asked by Kris C from Houston
- 06 29, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can you daisy chain monitors to a macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
Can I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter to daisy chain a FW 800 External HD to a Thunderbolt External HD?
- Asked by Robert P from San Anselmo
- 09 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter to daisy chain a FW 800 External HD to a Thunderbolt External HD?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…