can i use this chain: new macbook pro >>> usb-c adapter (usb-c to thunderbold 2) >>> thunderbolt cable >>> imac minidisplay insert- secodary display
1 Answer from the Community
Only if your iMac supports Target Display Mode. See HT204592 "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode" on the Apple support website.
That document says that some iMacs can use Mini DisplayPort as input as well as Thunderbolt. In that case, I would consider using just a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it work with USB C and adapters?
- Asked by Baramy V from Amarillo
- 02 5, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with USB C and adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet
can this usb-c adapter be daisy-chained ? ie: macbook -> adapter -> adapter ?
- Asked by Harold F from Pasadena
- 03 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can this usb-c adapter be daisy-chained ? ie: macbook -> adapter -> adapter ?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
what adapter for Cintiq 22HD (DVI) to 2018 iMac (USB-C, HDMI ports)?
- Asked by Robin R from Long Beach
- 09 20, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (what adapter for Cintiq 22HD (DVI) to 2018 iMac (USB-C, HDMI ports)?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter